Playing jazz chords is much the same as playing any other type of chord on piano. Once you grasp the fundamentals of music theory, scales, notes and piano chords you’ll be able to play all types of music: Gospel, jazz, ballads and everything else in between.
An aspiring jazz pianist will require reference charts showing the basic jazz chord structures and intervals. From there you will be able to use chords differently for each song and move on to advanced chords like 9ths, 11ths, 13ths, drop voicing and blues.
A good online piano course will provide clear and comprehensive charts introducing you to such exotica as clusters, polytonal clusters and substitutions. With practice and a good reference chart you will find yourself playing with passion, variety and harmony keeping yourself moving forward because you’re making music!
Learning online from a well put together course has many advantages: affordability and availability being first among these. Not having to commute, not feeling pressure in the event that something isn’t quite making sense. Being able to devote as much time as you want when you want is a real benefit. Coming out like a ninja Stevie Wonder and being asked “Where did you learn to play like that!?” is such a hoot!
Online courses challenge you at your own level. You move onto the next chord after you mastered the last one.
Playing piano for yourself or any sort of ensemble is one of the most soul nourishing, community and family building activities anyone can do. And it just isn’t as difficult as you might think because the new chord based approach from the more advanced online courses means that you will improve fast keeping yourself entertained all along the way. You will stay motivated.
- This is the way ALL the great self-taught musicians learnt to play piano, now made simple and available for you.
- Ten (10) clearly laid out eBooks. Over 600 pages. Two hundred videos comprising 10 hours of tuition. 500 audio lessons. Video and audio are presented on the eBook page you’re looking at – you won’t have to jump from app to app.
- Works on all devices.
- Play by ear AND learn to read music at the same time.
- Learn to play quickly using chord structures, tricks, tips and formulas. You will sound amazing from the start!
- Start with popular rhythm styles like Lennon & McCartney, Elton John, Billy Joel, Barry Manilow, Lionel Richie, Coldplay, Norah Jones and so on. You get to sound like a pro right from the start which will keep your motivation high, naturally!
- Expand step-by-step into any style you like: Pop, Improvisation, Ballads, Blues, Jazz, Ragtime, even Classical
- Pianoforall uses a combination of diagrams, musical notation, audio and video in such a way that your brain associates everything together. You will learn to read music much more easily using this method, and no other course has this method.
- Sight reading sheet music is essential because it opens up a vast realm of music into the future. Learning to play by ear AND sight read sheet music at the same time is much more effective.
- Pianoforall takes you step-by-step all the way to advanced levels, never taking you out of your depth. Every new lesson builds seamlessly onto the last lesson.
- Instant download or delivered anywhere in the world as a DVD ROM.
- More than 300,000 students in the last ten-years. Here’s just a few testimonies from thousands of happy Pianoforall students:
“Why piano is not usually explained in the manner that Pianoforall teaches is completely beyond me!”
Bob Bowen, Arkansas
“Robin: I received the CD Rom and have been following the course for over a month now. I just wanted to write and tell you that your course exceeded my expectations. I have purchased home piano courses in the past, but could never seen to make any real progress. The lessons were either too complicated right from the start that I got frustrated and quit or there was too much theory and not enough actual playing music.
Then, I decided to give your course a try. Is it possible to have fun while practicing the piano. The answer in this case is yes. The video’s are easy to follow and each lesson presents something new, but builds on the previous skills you have learned. You still have to practice, but the practice is fun. The lessons allow you to play and hear recognizable rhythms, while at the same time you are learning chords and music theory: a great way to learn! I actually look forward to practice every day.”
John Cheeseman, DeWitt, MI, USA
“Hi Robin, just a quick note, this is david from barnegat, new jersey i started your course about three months ago, i am on book 3 and still think the course is just great. books 1 and 2 were just the best, i really look forward to sitting down at the piano now, and just have fun the licks and songs you use are just what i am looking for. i am 59 years young and grew up with all those tunes. keep up the great work and i will stay in touch, thanks again, david.
David Petraccoro, Barnegat, New Jersey, USA
Hey Robin we have spoke a while back about your course..I started on book one and it is awesome.. I play acoustic guitar and sing but i am so excited to play piano now, and it so easy to create chord progressions with your method that the second day already im playing let it be progression…what is your suggestion should i just follow each page and dont move on till i master each page? Thanks..it was a blessing finding you, music is my life.
Tommy, NYC, USA
Robin, I am halfway through the first book. Its a brilliant course which suits the way I wanted to learn perfectly. I will certainly recommend it. I am learning lots and having fun in the process.
Regs, Adrian Pote, Ipswich, England
“Of the courses I’ve seen online on how to play piano I’m sure this is one of the best ones.”